“22 years ago today. 22 years ago today, a boy named Harry Potter boarded the Hogwarts Express. 22 years ago today, Ron Weasley asked if he could sit in Harry’s compartment. 22 years ago today, Hermione Granger asked they if they saw Neville’s toad. 22 years ago today, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were sorted into Gryffindor. 22 years ago today, the golden trio met.”—(via siriuxblacx)
1. I hope one day you realize loving yourself is more important than having a line of boys ask you out on a date. You will find something in you that you never thought you were looking for. You will be at peace with yourself.
2. It doesn’t seem like it today, but soon you will be able to lie on your bed without thinking about the funeral in your head. Patience.
3. There is a reason God didn’t give you the amazing talent to sing, or dance, or calculate a mathematical equation under sixty seconds. Your writing is not useless. Wait until you find someone willing enough to read.
4. She cut you up like a paper doll. Yes. They made you seem small, like a fool, like a dog wagging its tail trying too hard. Let them. It’ll make for a great story later.
5. Don’t let their blunt knives and sharp tongues turn you into one of them. These people used their words to pull down others like you. Use yours to lift these people up, to remind the girls with stick legs not to run in front of a city bus.
6. He is not prince charming, love. None of them are, and you are not a princess. You’re a villainess. You’re the evil queen. Own it. Kill anyone who says you’re not the fairest of them all. It is you who will save yourself.
7. Right now, you are a wreck, and a mess, and it will seem like no part of you is salvageable. It will get better.
8. Another gift you’ll discover is how to be both soft and hard at the same time. To be both sharp and gentle. Pyre and tea. Grateful and selfish. Kind and harsh. You will be self-aware. You will be human. You will be stardust, and cracked bones, and rips of the galaxies.
9. Greater things await you. Yes, you deserve them. Yes, you are capable.
10. You will learn all this one day, soon. Patience. Patience. Patience.
My dream for The Avengers: Age of Ultron is that it starts out with each of the Avengers getting a call early in the morning that they need to come in, and when they get to Clint, they’re like, “We still don’t have Romanoff’s new location, so if you have a way of contacting her, pass the message to her as well.” Clint replies, “I’ll see if I can track her down,” and hangs up the phone. Then he rolls over in bed and is like, “Hey Nat, get up, they need us.”